Dear Ladner Elementary Families,
On Wednesday October 19th or Thursday October 20th you are invited to meet with your child’s teacher. The purpose of these early conferences is to provide an opportunity for you to share in your child’s education and for the teacher to explain his/her expectations. Together you may wish to discuss:
1) Goals for your child’s learning, defining areas of concern and success.
2) Homework expectations.
3) Communication between home and school.
4) Work habits and attitudes towards learning.
5) Appropriate behaviour expectations and consequences.
These conferences do not include students or siblings. Therefore, we request that childcare arrangements be made at home.
Ten-minute conferences will be scheduled as follows:
Wednesday October 19th - 2:00 - 3:50 P.M.
Thursday October 20th - 2:00 - 5:50 P.M.
To provide time for the conferences, students will be dismissed at 1:49 p.m. on both days.
Once again, we will be using the simple online booking system for all of our conferences. Please follow these directions:
- Go to our school appointments web site: http://ladnerelementary.schoolappointments.com/
- You will need to register for an account by clicking the "REGISTER" menu tab and filling in the on-line form. This step needs to be completed if if you set-up an account last year.
- Choose a user ID and password for yourself and then click the "Register Now" button.
- Add your children into the system by clicking the "Manage Participants" button. Click "Insert New" button to add more children.
- Select the time slot you wish and the "Book Appointments" button.
- PLEASE BOOK APPOINTMENTS USING YOUR CHILD’S NAME (not parent’s name).
Please note that the system will open for bookings on Thursday, October 13 at 9:00am.
Conferences have been scheduled for 10 minutes. If additional time is required, please arrange for another conference with your child’s teacher at a mutually convenient time.
Thank you for being a part of our community of learners and please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.