Dear Ladner Families,
Our teachers and students are looking forward to having you attend their "Student Led Conferences" on Wednesday, April 16th and Thursday, April 17th. Divisions 1, 5 and 6 will be holding Parent/Teacher Conferences instead of the Student-Led Conferences.
Student-Led Conferences are based on the rationale that the students are capable of taking responsibility for their work and reporting their progress to their parents. The students have been collecting samples of work and practicing communication skills for the interview with you. Each session is thirty minutes in length and usually involves up to 4 students and families conferencing in the classroom at the same time.
It is very important to your child that you attend and allow them to share their learning experiences with you. As this is a special time for your child to communicate with you, please make other arrangements for your pre-schoolers. If, after the Student-Led Conference, you feel the need for an appointment with just the teacher, please contact your child’s teacher at the school to arrange this.
Our conferences will be held at the following times:
Wednesday, April 16th 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 17th 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
We will be using the simple online booking system for all of our conferences. BOOKINGS OPEN ON APRIL 10. Please follow these directions:
1. Go to our school appointments web site: http://ladnerelementary.schoolappointments.com/
2. If you have not used this system you will need to register for an account by clicking the "REGISTER" menu tab and filling in the on-line form. Choose a user ID and password for yourself and then click the "Register Now" button. If you registered in the fall your user ID and password remains the same.
3. Add your children into the system by clicking the "Manage Participants" button. Click "Insert New" button to add more children.
4. Select the time slot you wish and the "Book Appointments" button.
5. PLEASE BOOK APPOINTMENTS USING YOUR CHILD’S NAME (not parent’s name).
Full instructions are posted on the school web site under PARENTS tab.
For the kids to participate in walking field trips, the fruit and veggie program, and have their photo taken at school events for publishing, forms need to be checked in Parent Connect. A new feature has been added to try to make it easier to login using your email address instead of the PEN. Use this link to check it out: https://cimsweb.deltasd.bc.ca/schoolconnect/parentsignone.aspx
Ladner Elementary Vice Principal